One of the problems preventing us to do more good, is simply the lack of science and sustainability expertise.
We decided to bring in the experts. As functionally as possible.
How can we make sure that the acts we do and invest in are actually impact-positive? How do we know which acts really make a difference?
Let's bring in the experts. Over 5,000 of them.
We bring in some of the world’s leading sustainability experts to evaluate company actions. Our experts help companies to appreciate the acts they are doing, focus on the right topics, and help the public to understand the combined impact of the Planet Acts implemented by our member companies.
A community of over 5,000 sustainability experts from all over the world ensures that all Planet Acts living and spreading on our platform are truly impact-positive and worth doing and replicating by other companies. Each and every Planet Act is described and approved by a group of experts.
The steps for creating and starting a new Planet Act:
When an organization discovers it has a possible new Planet Act, the first thing to do is to describe what the action is, its impact, and to submit the act to us.
A team of Planet Company experts evaluates the impact or the expected impact of the Planet Act. If the Planet Act has the potential to be impact positive, it moves forward to the evaluation and scoring.
The description is sent to a group of independent sustainability experts that evaluate the Planet Act based on five carefully chosen criteria. Each Planet Act is scored by a group of subject matter experts.
Once the evaluation is completed, the original Planet Act submission and scoring are used to form the final Planet Act description. This will enable other companies to understand its value and how to join.
Frequently asked questions
1. Planetary Impact Potential
- What is the planetary impact potential of the act in question? As a Planet Act is more of a generic description of an act theme, evaluating its impact potential is important. If a majority of the companies would adopt the act, how significant would the combined contribution be?
- What is the replicability of the act? Evaluate, if the act is open for any company to participate, or is it strictly a company- or an industry-specific act.
3. Overall Excitement
- What is your overall feeling or excitement about the act? This is a “soft” question and also the most subjective one, but we are interested in your overall feeling of the act.
4. Clarity of Purpose
- How clear is the purpose of the act (why), and is the act in line with its purpose, helping companies to pursue it?
5. UN SDG Relevance
- How well does the act help achieve the targets of the UN Sustainable Development Goals? Take into account that one act can relate to multiple SDG targets.
The used scale ranges from None (0) to Excellent (10).
The purpose is to provide an independent view from a group of sustainability experts on the potential impact of each Planet Act and distinguish the different characteristics of the acts. The scoring provided is naturally indicative, and it’s combined into an average score that is built from the scores of individual experts. The scores are given without knowing how the other experts have scored the Act in question.
The expert community engaged in the scoring of Planet Acts is our partner organization called Solved. They are an ecosystem comprised of expert networks, expert organizations, and individual experts with more than 5,000 persons from 80 countries.
The rating has been built by a group of experienced sustainability experts to provide a holistic view of the impact potential, relevance and ease of replication of the Planet Act, which can belong to a wide range of environmental and social responsibility categories. We believe the rating provides the users of our platform an easy way to understand the key strengths of each Planet Act and suitability for joining and committing to them.
Individuals or expert organizations can apply and join the Solved ecosystem, and based on their area of speciality, they can be picked up to the evaluation teams.
Planet company members with the Leader subscription have the opportunity to engage in direct dialogue with the evaluation team through an online platform.